Yeadon Public Library Director
The Board of Trustees of the Yeadon Public Library seeks a dynamic, community minded Library Director for our very active library located in a diverse community in Delaware County, PA.
The Director reports to the Board of Trustees and works effectively with the Borough Manager to oversee the safe and efficient operation of the library facility. Maintains relationships and provides necessary reports and information to the Delaware County Library System, as well as the Board and library staff.
The new Director will possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory and administrative experience in a public library or commensurate experience that demonstrates proven ability to address the features of this position including:
- Ability to exercise considerable professional skill, initiative and independent judgment including materials selection and weeding;
- Ability to assess the adequacy of existing and long range plans for library building expansion and development;
- High level of administrative and supervisory skills required including working with experienced, long-term staff and hiring new staff as needed;
- Planning and community needs assessment skills important;
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate a multitude of programs and services addressing all age levels within a diverse community;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication necessary;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work with various borough stakeholders (library board, borough council, borough manager, council liaison, mayor, etc.);
- Commitment and ability to engage in community outreach and partnerships;
- Strong grant research and writing skills a plus;
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus;
- Innovative thinking and knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is full time, 40 hours per week. Competitive health benefits and insurance coverage included.
Submit cover letter, current resume and salary requirements electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal system to Board of Trustees – Search Committee, Yeadon Public Library, 809 Longacre Boulevard, Yeadon, PA 19050 no later than April 15, 2013.
The Borough of Yeadon is an equal opportunity employer.