Trash should be placed curbside after 6 p.m. on the day before your scheduled collect and no later than 6 a.m. on the day of collection. All trash shall be placed in metal or plastic containers. The container size must not exceed 33 gallons. When filled the container must weigh less than 30 pounds. All containers must be covered with a lid. Plastic trash bags are not acceptable.
Yeadon Borough Holiday Schedule 2022
Please note the following changes in pickup during these holiday weeks:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday Jan. 17): Monday’s trash will be collected Tuesday 1/18; Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, 1/19
- Memorial Day (Monday May 30): Monday’s trash will be collected Tuesday 5/31; Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, 6/1
- Independence Day (Monday July 4): Monday’s trash will be collected Tuesday 7/5; Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, 7/6
- Labor Day (Monday Sept. 5): Monday’s trash will be collected Tuesday 9/6; Tuesday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday, 9/7
Ordinance 1248 enacted 8-1-96 “all ashes, rubbish and garbage shall be placed in metal or plastic containers of not more than thirty-three gallons capacity which do not, when filled, weigh in excess of thirty pounds. Such containers, when closed, shall effectively prevent the entry of vermin and vectors therein. The Borough shall not collect more than five containers of trash from any participating property.”
- No more than any combination of 5 containers per collection.
- No construction debris.
- Tree limbs, tree logs, and wood must be tied up into 3′ bundles. Remove all nails. No more than 4 bundles will be picked per collection.
- No hazardous waste materials.
- Do not mix recyclable materials in with your household trash. Recycling day is on Wednesday.
Recycling is collected every Wednesday in appropriate recycling containers. Please do not place recyclables in plastic bags nor mix it with household trash.
Bulk Trash Collection
To arrange pick up of “white goods” – large items such as washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, freezers and hot water heaters please call the Yeadon Public Works Department at 610-623-3636. Other household items such as sofas, beds and furniture can be placed out for regular trash collection but is limited to one large item per trash collection. Rugs must be rolled and tied and can be put out for regular collection. Mattresses and box springs MUST be encased in a plastic industrial bag.
E-Waste Collection Events
E-waste items like flat screen TVs, computers, microwave ovens, etc. can be dropped off at the Public Works Yard on the last Friday of every month between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. ALL RESIDENTS MUST STOP IN THE PUBLIC WORKS OFFICE AND SHOW PROOF OF YEADON RESIDENCY (NO CONTRACTORS).
Summer Trash Collection Schedule
Trash pick-up will be two days per week during the summer the summer, from July 1st through August 31st.
Summer trash will be picked up as follows:
If your trash is normally collected on:
- Monday: during the summer schedule, it will be collected on Monday and Thursday.
- Tuesday: during the summer schedule, it will be collected on Tuesday and Friday.
- Thursday: during the summer schedule, it will be collected on Thursday and Monday.
- Friday: during the summer schedule, it will be collected on Friday and Tuesday.
Recycling pickup occurs throughout the borough on Wednesdays year-round.
New Electronics Recycling Law Takes Effect January 24, 2013
The Pennsylvania Covered Device Recycling Act takes effect January 24, 2013. The new law requires that residents cannot dispose of electronic devices (computers cell phones, televisions) in the trash. These items must be brought to a recycling operation, the trash hauler will not collect them. Be sure to check back often for updates on scheduled E-Waste collections. For further recycling information please visit www.dep.state.pa.us, email@example.com (Delaware County).
If you have a television and you would like to dispose of it, please reach out to the following places:
- Salvation Army will take all TVs (prefers that they are working)
Address: 66 Chester Pike Collingdale, PA 19023
Phone number: 610-461-9102
- Community Action Agency of Delaware County (must be working, would be a donation)
Phone number: 610-874-8451 (call to schedule a pick up or drop off)