The deadline for this has passed; as of 8/28/23, we are no longer accepting grant applications.
COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION
The Yeadon Borough Council has approved the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support a local Community Improvement Program. The program will allow the Borough to provide grants of up to $1,500 for property owners in Yeadon to complete exterior cosmetic or driveway improvements to their properties.
The program aims to fuel community and economic development within the Borough by helping residents beautify their properties in an effort to reduce blight and address minor exterior maintenance issues. All dwellings approved for funding must be owner-occupied and will be subject to exterior inspection and permitting where applicable.
Applications (download PDF) may be submitted in-person at Borough Hall, 600 Church Lane, Yeadon, PA 1905, Monday- Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm or online to the Borough Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION.
- Must own their homes and have resided in the Borough of Yeadon for at least five (5) years.
- Must be in good financial standing with the Borough, School District, and County Tax Offices.
- Can not have any open citations or violations with the Building Code Official’s office.
- Can not have any encumbrance on the property or be under a contract of sale.
- Must provide a copy of the primary resident’s photo ID.
- Must provide proof of ownership and residency via deed or homeowners insurance.
- Provide proof of homeowners insurance.
- Must use a Licensed Contractor through the Attorney General’s Home Improvement Program.
Program Timeline: Award announcements are expected to start in June 2023. Approved property owners will receive funds in two (2) disbursements. Fifty percent of the total approved amount will be rendered in June with the remaining fifty percent to be issued upon work completion and inspection. All work is expected to be completed within sixty (60) days of the first disbursement. Work completed after sixty (60) days will not be covered by the program, and a lien may be attached to your home.