YEADON BOROUGH CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Police Civil Service Examination
Full Time – Police Officer
The Borough of Yeadon is accepting applications for the position of Full Time Police Officer. Applications can be obtained from the Yeadon Borough Police Department located on the first floor of the Yeadon Borough Municipal Building or downloaded below. The applications will be available from Friday, October 27th, 2023, through Thursday, November 16th, 2023, during regular business hours: Monday to Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. or online until applications are due to be returned.
All completed applications must be returned to the Yeadon Borough Police Department (600 Church Ln, Yeadon PA 19050) or via email to Lt. Shawn Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30pm Thursday, November 16th, 2023.
Applicants will be required to take and pass a written examination which will be given on Saturday, November 18th at 9:00 am.
Testing will take place at the Delaware County Community College Police Academy Campus. (901 S. Media Line Rd, Media PA 19063) This test is based on standard MPOETC information, the testing room number will be announced the day of the test. Those who score 70% or above will be invited to participate in the physical agility test which will be graded PASS/FAIL. The date and location for the physical agility test will be announced once the written test scores are finalized.
- At least 21 years of age as of the date of testing November 18th, 2023.
- U.S. Citizen, Physically and Mentally Fit.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current Act 120 Certification or Act 120 certified by date of appointment.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License.
- No Disqualifying Criminal History, which can be found here: https://mpoetc.psp.pa.gov/certification/Documents/Certification%20Documents/Information%20for%20Police%20Departments/Disqualifying%20Offenses.pdf
The Borough of Yeadon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and Persons of all Races and Ethnic Groups are encouraged to apply.